Contact Us | +44 (0)1157 690 216 phone Call us

Branded Domains and Paid Marketing Policy

 

The following is a network wide policy which affects all advertisers in the network. Failure to adhere to these terms may result in suspension or termination of your account.

If you are unsure about any aspect of this policy please contact an affiliate specialist or our compliance manager.

Branded domains are NOT allowed unless the following rules are adhered to: 

  1. Affiliates must NOT pretend to be the official advertiser site or be confusingly similar
  2. Domains must contain at least one word in addition to the brand name, which is neither a definite article (the) or indefinite article (a/an). The additional word must be with the main domain name, not the subdomain or domain extension. A popular example is the use of the word ‘review(s)’
  3. Subdomains shall be treated the same as the domain names.
  4. You must add value to the brand by launching a quality website containing only unique content to help inform the customer.
  5. You must make it clear that yours is a review site, not an official site, and you cannot pretend to be the brand site or be confusingly similar
  6. You must not use any misleading call to action links, e.g. ‘Add to Cart’
  7. You must always be fair and factual when it comes to users

 

Banned domain examples (but not limited to):

  • officialCrazyBulk.com
  • theCrazyBulk.com
  • CrazyBulk1.com
  • CrazyBulkz.com
  • CrazyBulk-online.com
  • CrazyBulk.com
  • CrazyBulk.wordpress.com
  • CrazyBulk.weebly.com
  • CrazyBulk.website
  • CrazyBulk.reviews

 

The following is also a network wide policy which affects all advertisers in the network. This is regarding any paid advertising which allows you to bid on ‘brand’ keywords. If you break these terms your account may be suspended.

 

Brand bidding IS allowed but you must first seek permission by:

(a) Speaking to your affiliate mentor and granting them access to view your paid campaigns (adwords/other)

(b) Spend at least 80% of your budget on generic terms, leaving 20% for branded terms

(c) Direct traffic to your own website or landing page

 

You must also:

  1. Affiliates must use their own landing page or website. This should add value to the advertiser’s brand and offer the user the choice to click the affiliate’s link. Simply redirecting via an intermediate domain is not permitted.
  2. PPV traffic is NOT allowed.
  3. Affiliates cannot link directly to the advertiser’s site.
  4. You can bid on the advertiser’s brand terms as long as you are also bidding on more generic terms.

Any affiliate commission generated whilst breaking these terms may and will be charged back if the advertiser has requested to process the chargeback.

If you are unsure about any aspect of this policy please contact an affiliate specialist or our compliance manager.