Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi,

I need some expert advice

So I bought an expired domain and built it into a money website. However the expired domains previous backlinks point to www. in the URL, but I built the money website without the “www.”, I only used http://(website).com

Now on majestic there’s 2 scores, a high score for the www. version of my website and a low score for the http:// version of my website that I built.

My questions is: Can I change the money website and add www. to the URL through like wordpress or hosting settings and begin to receive benefit from the old backlinks of the expired domain that currently point to the www. version of the my website?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I’d be so happy to know I can change it over without SEO damage and receive the massive boost of all those backlinks that currently point to the www. version

Profile photo of Martyn Slack
    Martyn Slack

Hey Jesse,

I have seen your message and will get back to you shortly…

Just confirming with our SEO guy to make sure i’m right with what im thinking :P

Profile photo of Martyn Slack
    Martyn Slack

Here is update from SEO team

The honest answer is that they would likely lose rankings in the short term, but depending on the volume of links there is potential to benefit in the long run.

One thing that will be worthwhile is making sure that www. redirects to non-www. In addition it’s worth finding the most valuable links to www. version and contacting webmasters to see if they will update them.

It’s also important to remember that the value of links depends on their neighbourhood and niche so if the site was doing something completely different before then the links are of less value than if you’re still working in the same niche.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)