Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Slack

Learn all there is to know about our migration to CAKE.

Full document here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MoreNicheAffiliateLounge/676800585821527/

If you are not a member of our facebook group yet… what are you waiting for?

Big changes afoot.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I have not facebook account, and don’t want to open it :)
    How I can read about migration?

Profile photo of Andrew Slack
    Andrew Slack

We are in the process of moving away from this forum over to Facebook for our community as it’s proving more successful, I recommend creating an account with Facebook

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

not happy

so those of us who don’t like facebook and don’t want to have personal facebook profiles will be left in the dark?

i mean… i have joined the facebook group but i just hate having to log in to facebook to see whats up…. i only log in to facebook to see my pages. forum was so much better in my opinion

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Me too am not an FB fans. But love to see many affiliates involved in MN FB group.. :) This group made me login to my long-time abandoned FB account and installing FB Groups App on my cellphone.

Thanks to browser’s incognito mode (and password manager), allowing me easily login and keep away from those ‘evil’ trackers…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Andrew Slack

It is seems to me, that I will not see all info. As I said I don’t want to open FB account. I have not any social accs, bcoz it takes a lot of time to answer to fellows, etc.
    But I can create fake account, it is possible to join there with fake account?

Profile photo of Josephin Crichton
    Josephin Crichton

Hello raodastan, we have just sent out an email to all affiliates with the document attached regarding the migration to CAKE. In terms of joining Facebook – @Stancho and @raodastan – feel free to create a new Facebook account and then contact one of our affiliate managers to discuss your membership within our closed Facebook group  – they can then review your application and take action :)

@rigsluthor: glad to see you embracing change. I know it’s not always easy but so far the FB group has proven to be very successful compared to our forum, so hope everyone will be able to see the benefits soon! Thanks :)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

ok from reading the PDF we wont have to change our old links after march but it just will only go to the homepage not the specific landing page so we may have a slight loss in conversions?

Profile photo of Andrew Slack
    Andrew Slack

From the document:

Will I have to update my affiliate links?

Yes​. To take full advantage of the above technology you will need to update your tracking links to new ones.
    The links will be to the domain secure.mn​ not track.moreniche.com. Your affiliate ID will remain the same.

However, we will be automatically redirecting your links from old to new. This means you will be using both
    old and new technology. The timeline (above) shows that we will be discontinuing our old tracking system.

However, we will have a very basic Lambda site->site / affiliate->affiliate redirect in place.

This will be super lightweight BUT will NOT​ support landing pages, deep links, campaigns, keywords etc. So
    you should update your links within 90 days of the new application going live to avoid a drop in conversions.

So yes you should update your links however if you don’t there will be a redirect in place but it will not support anything more advanced than sending your visitors to the merchants homepage. This is done to ensure its super quick and NO downtime… if we did not do this, then we would be no better off than before as all old links will still be subject to the same issues as before.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I didn’t get any email … was this already sent to everybody ?

Profile photo of Karla Villegas
    Karla Villegas

Hi @the-Godfather Yes, we send a mass email to all affiliates, perhaps it went to your spam folder? but no worries, I will re-send the email to you shortly.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)